Thursday, September 24, 2009

Theft

Someone stole my bike today.
I know that there are a lot of much worse things that could happen to a person, but still, getting something of worth stolen from you is awful. I bought this bike about a year and a half ago, and have loved it the whole time. I've taken it riding up in the mountains several times, and at Lake Powell. Plus, I ride it around campus every day, which makes it possible for me to get to all my classes on time. So today, someone decided to deprive me of my mountain biking "pride and joy". I'm amazed that some people think that they have a right to take something, even if they haven't worked for it. When I noticed that it was gone, I just felt sick.

Really, it's like this person just stole a bunch of money, time and love from me. Because that's what the bike represented for me. I spent a lot of time working on it, enjoying riding it, and earning the money to pay for it. All of a sudden, it's gone.

Anyways, I'm trying to keep a smile on and remember that it's just an expensive piece of metal, and that there are much worse things that could happen to me that haven't. I'm hoping it will turn up (unharmed) somewhere, and that I can get it back. If not, I guess I'll just have to start saving up for a new one in a few years.

Moral of the story: Don't steal. It's rude. Not to mention it's one of the 10 commandments! Sinner. lol

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry! One of my friend's just had her car stolen and she said she felt the same way. I hope it turns up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry!!! I felt the same way about my bike. Then it got stolen and I bawled for like 2 hours (I know, I'm weird). I got a new one and he and I just haven't bonded like I did with the other one. Sad day. So sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still so mad about this, especially since we were just talking about going on Tuesday.

    You can borrow mine if you and Paul still want to go :)

    I hope it is found soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric, that stinks - and I know how you feel. No bike will ever be as cool as my first RockHopper I got in college. Someone stole that from me as well. Plus Rob's Gary Fisher was stolen too. Check out KSL, perhaps it's now for sale...

    ReplyDelete